Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What to do for a tooth abscess??

I just moved to NM so i dont have dental insurance, in the mean time my tooth has been hurting me and I woke up this morning with a huge white bump under that tooth. I called my old dentist and he is prescribing me penicilion. What can i do for it myself? Does anyone know of a cheap dentist here? I know i have to do something soon, but how long after i'm done with the antibiotics??
--------------------
You can't do anything for it yourself. Taking the antibiotics will help, but only temporarily. They will take care of the infection, but not the source of infection, so it will come back. Often, it's worse when it returns. There's really no time frame, it depends on many factors and even your dentist probably can't tell you how long you can wait. Most offices will have outside financing available, many interest free. Go to carecredit.com and check them out. You may also be able to find a dental school in your area that will do the work for a much lower fee. Dental students perform the procedures, but there are qualified professionals overseeing them. Good luck, hope I helped!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment