Wednesday, June 1, 2011

When should I try and make a claim?

I just recently got insurance at work that will be effective in December. The Dental part of my insurance states that they will pay 50% of major procedures including braces. I have needed braces every since I was in middle school but could never afford it. My mom says if I go in December and get it looked out and everything that my insurance will more than likely to drop me because I just go it and am already making a claim. How long should I wait until I go and have it looked at and done?
--------------------
Group insurance through your work, will not drop you. But before you rush off to get those braces, look at the LIMIT - how much they pay. Typically, they pay 50% UP TO $1,000 or $1500. So if the braces cost $4,000, they'll pay, $1,000 or $1500, OVER TWO YEARS, meaning, $50 a month, and you still have to pay the balance.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment