Monday, July 18, 2011

Dental implants - am I being overcharged?

I had to have an implant done. I paid the DDS who put in the implant just over $2000 and insurance paid $900. That brings total cost to about $3000. My general DDS is now charging $400 for tissue conditioning, $800 for the post and $800 for the crown. This seems a little much. Total price is now $5000 for one tooth (out of pocket approx. $3200)! I guess my question is "if we suppose an implant should cost around $3500, is this price before or after insurance payments?"
--------------------
part of the price depends on your zip code. bigger cities have bigger prices. i usually tell patients to expect about $3000 out of posket mainly because insurance rarely covers implants. i'd say you didn't get the best deal but you were'nt unfairly charged.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment