Monday, July 18, 2011

Money or Perks? Which would you choose?

I love my job. It's is less than 5 minutes from my home, and my kids schools. My boss is great and never gives a hard time about sick kids or dr appts and stuff like that. If we're busy and have to work through lunch, he pays and I can eat whatever I want, one time I ordered a steak just to test him and he was like "great get me one too!" He pays for gas if there are errands for me to run. There's more but I won't bore you. The money's not great but I get by. On more than one occasion I have been offered positions that would pay more money but would also involve more stress. Our office is quiet as we are the only ones here during the day. I got a radio in the corner playing jazz and a big cushy chair. A few of my friends think that I stay here because I'm too comfortable to persue other opportunities. I've had high paying jobs that put me into therapy. I don't mind coming to work every day and I go home happy most days. I also have full medical and dental insurance.
--------------------
I have one of those jobs you are talking about. It is great to have a good boss like that and I've been fortunate. I've changed my schedule about 3 times already and he has no problems with it. I sometimes bring my 7 year old to work and he is okay with it. Honestly, a peace of mind is the greatest thing in the world. They will have to kick me and restle me out of this job and that is the only way I would leave.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment