Monday, July 18, 2011

My gums/jaw was hurting when I moved it so I..?

Brushed that spot really hard, then like a layer of it came off and I'm not sure what it is? It bleed a bit. But I guess now it stopped. But now it hurts even when I don't do it. It's 9:15 at night so no the dentist is out of the question, also my dental insurance doesn't start again until December because I maxed out on it for the year. What is it? I rinse with mouthwash after words too and it burned(obviously).
--------------------
Sounds like a layer of superficial tissue come off. DO NOT use mouthwash or hydrogen peroxide to rinse, and do not brush the underlying and exposed tissue. You'll just blister it, but rather use some salt water to rinse, which will help to clean and toughen the new tissue. (Can use 1/2 tsp salt to 1/2 glass of water, and only rinse about every 3 to 4 hrs to give the tissue time to heal). good luck......
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment