Monday, July 11, 2011

How much does general anesthiesia cost?

I need to have a lot of dental work. Root canal, crown, cap, and on wisdom tooth pulled. My insurance won't pay for the general anths. I want to pay for it cuz I was addicted to pills b4 and now take suboxone and the twighlight (fentenol) won't work. I have state insurance.
--------------------
Most dentists don't even need to put you under a "general" nor are most even able to as it requires Anaesthesiologists. True that the Suboxone would block some of the effects of Fentanyl (euphoria) but it would not block the sedation. Alot of people are given Valium either by mouth or IV if they are apprehensive about dental work. Up to date dentists also use a device called The Wand which blocks the pain impulses greatly. The cost of a general can vary greatly depending on the amount and type of drugs used but ballpark $500 for this dental work.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment