Thursday, July 28, 2011

Questions about braces?

Ok so I'm going to be getting braces this summer but I have a few questions about the cost. My mom's job offers dental insurance and she's going to get that but its gonna take like a few weeks for it to be finalized and stuff. Anyways yeah I want to know about how much it costs for your braces each month, if you have dental insurance, and if you go to a local orthodontist or one by a bigger company (sorry if that doesnt make sense)??
--------------------
The cost of braces varies. If you go to an orthodontist, you'll pay more than if you just go to a regular dentist (but it's worth it to go to the orthodontist, believe me). And various orthodontists and dentists have various payment plans, so it's tough to say how much it would cost per month. I think mine were about $2500 Cdn (from an orthodontist), give or take a couple hundred. My orthodontist had various options in terms of how you could pay for it (i.e., there was some flexibility in terms of the number of payments). Your mom's dental insurance may or may not cover the full cost of the braces. My parents' dental insurances (from their two jobs) didn't fully cover mine. If you want to know how much your braces will cost, your best option is to call the orthodontist him/herself. Then you'll know.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment