Thursday, July 28, 2011

shady dentist?

Sometimes I feel like all dentists are shady. I have a 2k maximum that my dental insurance will cover (100 percent). The dentist said I need to do 3 crowns, this will take up all the money. My teeth don't hurt, I take really good care of them. I may have a few cavities here and there, but I don't see why I need so many crowns. When are crowns necessary and when are they just cosmetic? Hopefully someone in the dental field will be reading this.
--------------------
It's hard to tell if your dentist is "shady" without looking at xrays and doing an actual examination of your mouth. Sadly, it has become the norm now-at-days for the dentist to try to "sell" you treatment. Most dentists are concerned more with making more money rather than proper treatment. Let me start off by saying that I am a dentist. However, because of an accident I am no longer able to practice dentistry. I am very saddened by the state of my profession. For example, my wife went to a new dentist the other day becuase of where her new insurance has coverage. The dentist came into the room after all her xrays were done and started to tell her she was going to need a lot of work, and 4 appointments of deep cleaning. She then said to the dentist, "Before you go any further, my husband is a dentist." The dentist then told her that she could probably "get away with only doing 2 fillings and a simple cleaning." I just found so odd that the amount of work my wife needed changed in mere seconds because of the occupation of her husband. I can't say if your dentist is doing the same thing, but I can advise you to do the following, if it doesn't sound right, get a second opinion. Some things to avoid in looking for your second opinion, or new dentist, is to avoid any place that operates a large number of facilities all over the place. Avoid an office that has MANY dentist working under the same location name. Finally, I would avoid any office that looks like Donald Trump owns it. There is a reason why an office looks like a million dollars, and it is not because the dentist is only doing the work that NEEDS to be done. Thanks
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment