Friday, July 15, 2011

what can i expect ?

i finally found some good dental insurance that i can afford. so now i can get these impacted wisdom teeth taken out. it seems like there getting worst by the day, i have to get all 4 of them removed plus a tooth that broke off at the gum ( not the whole tooth just a piece ) im planing on being sedated when i have this done. can anybody tell me what i need to expect when going into surgery and after?
--------------------
I just got my wisdom teeth out last week, however they were not impacted they were most of the way out. They were growing into my jaw and crooked. I went to an oral surgeon were they did IV sedation. I was extremely nervous and shaking. Once I felt the IV go in I started to feel relaxed at once. They also gave me a mask with oxygen that was all I remember I was out within a minute. I did wake up as they were doing the procedure, but I did not feel a thing I was told to take a deep breath and then all I remember is waking up. I felt groggy and tired after wards. I got an antibiotic and pain pills. I was sore for a few days and didn't eat too much the first and second day. You can eat soft foods just avoid anything too hot. Don't smoke or drink out of a straw for several days to avoid dry sockets. I didn't need my pain pills I was just sore and uncomfortable, but everyone tolerance for pain differs. I had a post op appointment a week later where I was given a syringe to help with food getting stuck in the hole. All in all not a bad experience not fun, but I worried for nothing. Good luck, and you will be glad you did it.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment