Sunday, November 28, 2010

what does this mean in respect to dental insurance: 18 month waiting period applies; 50% Coinsurance after ded?

deductible. Does this mean I have to pay them insurance for 18 months before I can get work done and on top of that they will only pay for half?
--------------------
This means you have a waiting period on a specific service in other words you cannot have a specific service paid for during the first 18 months while you are covered. this is most common with major work like Crowns bridges and dentures. for example my Dental Insurance began Jan 2010 my insurance will not pay for my crown until July 2011, 18 months after My insurance took effect. For the second Part of the question "50% coinsurance after ded". this is usually a different benefit detail more than likely relating to major procedures again like Crowns, Bridges and dentures. in most cases it really doesn't affect one or the other in other words the 18 month WP does not affect how my crown will get paid its just how my insurance covers my crown on July 2011 it will be covered at 50% after I have met my deductible. deductible can range anywhere from $25 dollars to $200.00. on most plans you only have to pay the deductible one time a year the first time you have a service that the deductible applies to like the above example.. the crown.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment