Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Dental Insurance reimbursement?

My ex has been providing me with copies of dental bills for my daughters dental work. I have been reimbursing her for half of the bills each time. I do not currently provide dental insurance for my daughter. I noticed a box on the bottom of the bill that showed previous charges, current charges, etc. and estimated amount insurance will cover, which showed the full previous amount. I began wondering if the ex has dental insurance for my daughter and is receiving reimbursements for the bills in addition to me paying her for half of the bill. Being the type of person she is, I wouldn't put it past her. Is there any way I could call the Dentist myself and ask if insurance is being provided for my daughters dental work - or am I going to have a problem because of HIPAA regulations? Any advice is appreicated.
--------------------
Make copies of all the bills you received and give it to a lawyer to review.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment