Wednesday, December 22, 2010

DOS- Delta Dental Insurance?

I just got white fillings today. I was told that delta dental doesn't pay for white ones just silver. I asked the lady if I will be paying those and she say's yea but they gonna have to wait for the insurance etc. but I still had to pay out-of my pocket today but my question is this..did they charge me for the white fillings today and will I have to pay them again if the insurance doesn't pay for white fillings..I'm confused please help!!!
--------------------
Most dental insurance plans pay out at a "least expensive alternative benefit" level. In plain words: "we'll pay for the cheapest way to fix your tooth." On a back tooth, most plans will only pay for silver or amalgam fillings. Your dentist may prefer white or composite for many reasons other than how they look. Your dental office will make a good faith effort to estimate what your portion will be, but it is impossible for them to be experts on every plan. They will collect part of your co-pay at the time of your appointment, but there may be a balance due after insurance pays. Some offices are familiar with your plan and may be about 95% accurate, but they can't know exactly what your plan will pay.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment