Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Dental w/o insurance...?

Ok, so I was told health insurance is required to get dental insurance, but my current job doest offer health or dental, and i dont see any around my area that offer it, with my work experience. I have major misaligned teeth (i cant chew w/o biting my tongue), and need quite a bit of dental work. Is it possible to get dental work without insurance? and if so, can i expect this to be a very hefty price?
--------------------
Go to the Department of Health in your state and they can help you with this one. The social workers will have a list of clinics and universities or dental schools in your area that offer discounted services. Also, tell them about your insurance situation and you might be able to apply for some sort of assistance or medical help from the state. My state (Washington) has a Basic Health plan that people can get at a discounted or very low price. It isn't the best and there are some docs out there who might give you worse service than if you were someone who was able to pay out of pocket but there are bad docs everywhere so it's a chance you'll have to take. Good luck on this.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment