Monday, December 6, 2010

I am a college student in Pennsylvania looking for health, dental, and vision insurance.?

I don't want a high deductible and I don't want to pay several hundred dollars a month. With not much money, I need my insurance to cover the majority of my expenses. What's the best major insurance provider I should go with?
--------------------
OK, you want 100% coverage for $1 a month. It doesn't exist. You're actually looking at THREE DIFFERENT policies here. If you're 20 and perfectly healthy, nothing wrong, not overweight, a good, low/no deductible plan should run you around $225 a month. SO. If you want to cut that in half, you have to take on a $5,000 deductible. Your dental coverage will run around $26 a month, with waiting periods for anything except cleanings. And the vision coverage will cost about the same - $20 a month, with a six month wait until they pay for an exam or glasses. You can't exchange $50 now for a known $500 you want to incur in the next month. Insurance companies would go out of business. They don't WORK that way. If you have no insurance now, any "expenses" you have now, are going to be excluded under a new policy. Just like the lottery, you have to buy the ticket BEFORE you number comes up.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment