Monday, December 6, 2010

I have unison insurance and am not covered for dental?

I am livid, I am four months pregnant and scared as hell! I have medicaid and was told that they do not cover dental. How in the hell am I supposed to get my tooth checked(hurts from pregnancy) if I have to pay an arm and a leg? I will not be able to work for about a month and I don't have that kind of money. What the hell is insurance good for? If not treated my child could have a low birth weigh or I could miscarry what can I do?
--------------------
Try calling Medicaid and asking them about the dental thing.. they told me there was a certain number of theirs I could call and possibly get approval for it.. in my local area there is a string of community clinics and one is a dental clinic.... try looking for one in your area... they are for low income based families... I had the same dilemma during my preganancy and just waited till after my baby was born.. no big deal my baby was healthy and turns out all I needed was my wisdom teeth pulled. Good Luck and congrats!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment