Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I have some dental insurance plan questions (DMO VS PPO)?

I'm thinking about switching over to a more expensive dental plan in Aetna which gives me the benefit maximum of 1000 dollars per year. First, I want to give you some of the coverages Aetna gives me in the more expensive plan: Annual deductible for family: $300 preventive services: 100% basic services: 80% major services: 50% annual benefit maximum: $1000 orthodontic services: 50% orthodontic lifetime maximum: $1000 My current plan is mostly a patient co-pay plan. They cover everything in diagnostic procedures and preventive procedures (except space maintainers), but everything else I pay from about 15 dollars up to 280 dollars. so here I go with my questions: 1. the annual benefit maximum of 1000 dollars means 1000 dollars for each member in the plan, right? 2. what does the annual deductible exactly mean? 3. three of my sibling need braces. so does that mean each of them get 1000 dollars off the braces cost? And because its a LIFETIME maximum, it means that you can't get another 1000 dollars off the following year, right? So if this is true, after each of my siblings use up the 1000 dollars, the insurance will cover for half of the braces cost? 4. since orthodontic maximum and annual benefit maximum are two different things, if you were to get braces and get some restorative procedures done, you'd have 2000 dollars to spend total for that year? (for two of my siblings, after their teeth straightens, the dentist needs to do other things to some of their teeth to completely get rid of the decay) (I just need advice on the following questions) 1. the current insurance plan (DMO) is $16, and the more expensive plan (PPO) is $56...which is cheaper for my family?---is the ppo plan worth it? 2. how expensive are braces in New Jersey or nyc metropolitan area?---would it be cheaper to just keep the current dental plan and go to a dental school for the braces? I know these are a lot of questions...but I really need help to make the right choice here...my parents aren't good at english, so they're relying on me to help them make the right choice. And my family is in a lot of financial strain, but we need to get my siblings' teeth treated as soon as possible or we might have to extract them and give them bridges. it wasn't really their fault that their teeth are decaying...its just that their teeth are so unaligned that there are some surfaces they can't reach with the tooth brush... Please! I'm desperate for help!
--------------------
health-quotes.isgreat.org - I switched to this health insurance from them, cause it gives much cheaper rates for m?.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment