Friday, December 24, 2010

Tricare Dental Insurance---need wisdom teeth out asap!?

First of all, I am not a service member, I am a dependent, so please don't tell me to go to Dentac.I know this is all my fault for waiting until something was wrong to start doing something to fix the problem, but oh well. Ok, so my two wisdom teeth NEED to come out asap. They are hurting my jaw, pushing into my back molars and one of them is grey(I suppose it is dead/decaying). Problem is, I did not enroll in the tricare dental program until two days ago. Their information packet said that if I applied after the 20th of the month, that my coverage wouldn't be effective until the first of the SECOND month. So since I applied on the 24th of July, I apparently won't be covered until September 1st.... well that's a BIG problem. I need them out NOW. I tried calling the ER to ask if they would do it under my medical insurance and they said they absolutely do not pull teeth like that. Ugh. Also, the family dentist here on post does not pull teeth period. Now how the hell a I supposed to get them taken out? I called Military One Source, and they seem to think my coverage is immediate... but I doubt that. At this point I don't even care if I have to pay out of pocket and set up a payment plan,,, I just want the gone. How do I do this? Do I still have to go through the dentist here on post and have them refer me? Or can I just call up a civilian dentist and just tell them I don't have dental insurance yet and would like to have it done with a payment plan?
--------------------
Http://www.tricaredentalprogram.com to find a dentist near you that accepts United Concordia. You will still have to pay out of pocket the only thing free with it is 2 cleanings a year. Depending on your area it could be up to $700 that you need to pay or more if your coverage hasn't started. They can make a claim to them but no guarantees. You do not need a referral
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment