Sunday, January 16, 2011

Broken Wisdom Tooth and No Dental Insurance in Delaware?

I was just sitting on the couch playing online after I put my kids to bed when all of the sudden I noticed that something inside my mouth was poking the inside of my cheek. I felt with my tongue and discovered that the sharp thing was where one of my wisdom teeth was. It is actually my back top left wisdom tooth, and when I felt with my finger it feels like the tooth actually broke off somehow (I have no idea how I wouldn't have noticed) and now theres just a jagged little section of tooth still above the gum. Now that I've noticed the tooth it is really starting to bother me and hurt my cheek when I talk or move my top jaw. I don't have dental insurance and I'm a single mother of 2 with a full time job and am also a full time student, so I don't know what to do or what to expect when I go to the dentist on Monday and was just wondering if anyone else knows of or had been through a similar situation and could give me some advice. Thanks in advance!
--------------------
You're probably going to have to have the remainder of the tooth pulled. Be frank with your dentist about your financial situation. Mine is very flexible about being paid over time if need be. Or s/he might know of a dental clinic at a dental school where they charge reduced rates.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment