Sunday, January 16, 2011

Should I be held liable for insurance premiums my employer failed to deduct from my pay ?

My employer did not deduct my dental insurance premiums from my pay for the past 8 months and they informed me today that they'll deduct the past due amount to get me up to date ! It's their fault yet I'm being asked to cover their mistake ! I've had this insurance for the past 5 years and they've always automatically deducted the premium from my pay so should I be held liable or should they !
--------------------
Well I'd say its their mistake and considering that you say this went on for 8 months, that's a huge mistake ! I would be checking my 401k as well because if these idiots haven't been deducting your insurance premiums, they also may not have been deducting your 401k contributions !
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment