Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Company canceled Dental & Vision Insurance without telling employees?

On Oct 1st my company changed our Employer sponsored Health Plan. The new plan as of Oct 1st, did not include Dental & Vision, where as our old plan did. On Oct 6th, I had an eye exam and purchased some eye wear. The doctor charged me based upon my vision insurance plan and was going to bill the remainder to the insurance company. On Oct 9th, my company disclosed to it's employees that as of Oct 1st, our health care plan had changed and we no longer had vision or dental coverage as of Oct 1st. I live in the state of Washington. Can anyone direct me to a website or law, stating that a company has to give you certain notice of changes?
--------------------
Yep, no advance notice is required, which can leave you holding the bag. Actually, except in maybe Hawaii, the employer isn't required to provide you with any benefits at all. Never count on politicians to pass laws in the interest of anyone execpt that politician.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment