Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Due to divorce I don't have dental insurance.?

Last summer there was a special at a dentist office for an exam, x-rays and cleaning for a cheap price. I did it and was told that I have 4 fillings needed. Some are fillings needing to be replaced. None of them hurt. My question is....how urgent is this? I plan on trying to get them all taken care of this summer but financially without ins., I am in a bind. Any suggestions and or advice? I live in NY.
--------------------
I have been in the dental field for 30 yrs and have seen so many people come in who went to a place that advertised a "special" and had unnecessary treatment. How do you think they can offer a cleaning and x-rays for so cheap? They have to make it up somehow. Unscrupulous dentists seem to be telling a lot of people that their old silver fillings need to be replaced with tooth colored ones. Unless there is new decay or the old filling is leaking, this is not the case. Your silver fillings should last you 30 to 50 years. Maybe even longer. Also, the dentistry that I have seen that has been done in New York was horrible. No offense to your state, it just all looks like foreign country dentistry.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment