Saturday, January 1, 2011

Dental Insurance?

Does anybody know an inexpensive yet good dental insurance in Northern CA? I am on a tight budget. The cheapest one I saw is Deltacare for $97/year but I don't know if it's any good. Help please. Thanks!
--------------------
The problem with getting dental insurance on your own rather than as part of a group is that you're going to pay through the nose (or should I say, pay through the mouth!). I've been selling dental coverage for over seven years now and in my unbiased opinion, most private dental insurance policies are not worth the money they charge If you are intent on getting traditional dental insurance, I would strongly suggest you call up a reputable insurance agent and ask them for their help in finding you good dental insurance. However, you might consider the option of joining a "discount dental plan" which can cost as little as $7 or $8 per month. These are not actual insurance plans but rather like shopper's clubs (i.e. Costco, Sam's Club, etc.) where members receive substantial discounts (on average 33%) on all dental work providing they go to a dentist that accepts that plan. If all else fails, contact the California Dental Health Society and see if they can give you any advice. They are in the phonebook.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment