Saturday, January 1, 2011

How much would this dental procedure cost without insurance?

I am missing 2 teeth (the one on either side of my front teeth). I've always been missing them. I never had permanent teeth. Right now, I have a retainer that my old dentsit made for me with 2 plastic teeth on them, and I wear it pretty much 24/7 so no one knows I am missing teeth. I've had the retainer for 5 years. However, recently my retainer has been poking and rubbing and I have all these sores and little cuts in my mouth from it. I don't currently have dental insurance, but I am just so sick and tired of these cuts, and the retainer, and having to take care of it, and I think the plastic teeth are starting to wear away. How much would bridges likely cost without insurance, and do many dentists offer payment plans? Or is there a less expensive procedure?
--------------------
Most offer payment plans. Call and ask if they can make a free estimate for a replacement. If they can, make an appointment. They may charge something for the exam, because they might need x-rays to determine the health of the teeth. But they should be able to tell you how much that would run up front. Don't wait. You might have a gum disease contributing to the problem with the "cuts." ~
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment