Saturday, January 1, 2011

Questions about dental work, cost with insurance.?

I realize this is a very general question and without more details it would be hard to say, but I am looking for some estimates on how much it would cost to fix my teeth. I have not been to a dentist in years. I had a tooth crack, and had a root canal done. The tooth has since broken off completely and is missing. I have 2 seriously chipped teeth and a few others slightly chipped. I do not have dental insurance yet, but my provider through my job would be Blue Cross and Blue Shield. I am looking for how much it would cost Me out of my pocket to fix my teeth once I am insured. Any help whatsoever would be appreciated.
--------------------
You can look up the average cost of all sorts of dental procedures - including the root canal and chipped tooth at http://www.smarthealthbuyer.com. They have average prices, as well as reviews of dentists. All the prices are for out-of pocket prices. Dental costs vary widely by geography, so best to put in your Zip code and use the dental cost calculator in your area. The root canal will probably cost $500, depending on the tooth, and you will probably need a crown as well for the broken tooth - say $800 depending on the materials used - porcelain, gold etc.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment