Monday, February 28, 2011

benefits of a nurse practitioner and a physicians assistant?

for a project i need to know the job benefits of a nurse practitioner and a physicians assistant such as: health/dental insurance, malpractice insurance, prescription plan, pension, disability/unemployment, stock options, social security, freebies, etc. anything would help. don't refer me to wikipedia please i already looked there.
--------------------
This package of benefits is often negotiated as part of the hire package. In other cases it depends on the group or the hospital or other place of employment. Malpractice is generally always provided unless you are an independent contractor. With this type of profession there are no pat set answers, it is far too variable. In one of my PA jobs I have absolutely no benefits at all except they pay my license fees, malpractice is included with the rest of the group, and provide me housing (I go for the summer). I also can use their lab for free, their exam stuff, their radiology dept , for my own personal exam (and whatever drugs they stock) etc. In another PA job they pay my malpractice, CPR, ACLS training but that's all. Since its a large HMO, I get prescriptions cheap, but don't have a plan--I just get to pay at a reduced rate. I have no medical insurance but can usually get a "curbside: consult if I don't feel well. Other jobs I have had I have been an independent contractor with nothing, except again, being included in the malpractice of the group (that's pretty typical).
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment