Monday, February 28, 2011

I have some grayish stains on my gums near my front bottom row teeth?

I have no health insurance/dental insurance so I can't really go to the dentist. I am kinda worried that it could be something serious. I am a smoker but I brush my teeth twice a day though I am sure that probably does not help much. Any advice on what I can do or if low cost dental clinics exist so I can get them checked?
--------------------
if this gray-color is on your gums and not your teeth... it can be from a variety of things - from gum disease to oral cancer. I'd do one of two things if i were you (or 3 if the first 2 don't work) find a sliding scale dentist office ($20-$35) or go to a sliding scale medical doctor is they have been in your mouth/on your gums for more than 2 weeks.... same sliding scale if you search your area under sliding scale medical walk-ins. or 3 - go for a "Dental Consultation" - many many of them are FREE. Have them look at your teeth and gums, ask the dentist if he suggests any work ups, does it look like cancer, or gum disease, or just stains! Get all the freebie info you can get out of the consultation. But truly - You really Need to See a Dentist/Doctor - This is the case anytime a sore is in the mouth or ON an area of the Gums. For notice whenever we bite our lip a little or inner cheek? - those sores go away much faster than 2 weeks. So it is standard medical advice that anything Longer than 2 weeks to heal and/or looks suspicious - See a Doctor. You don't want to take any chances with this one. Even though it is probably nothing - it just might be something. So please, DO something ok? and If money is Super-Tight... Do the Consultation, walk in like you're full of money and you'll get more of their time. Sounds terrible, but your life is worth it.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment