Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Desperately Need To See A Dentist But Have No Insurance (Chicago Area)?

I desperately need to see a dentist, but I have no insurance. My molars ache like crazy, but that's the least of my worried. I have (what I believe) is an infected tooth (the gums above it in front and back are swollen and red and it hurts but I have no fever). Also, I believe I have gingivitis (possibly even peridontitis). I'm panicking because I know the seriousness of both conditions. I just don't know what to do. The dental insurance plans available only offer coverage after a very long waiting period (average is 12 months) and I just don't know what to do. I do work, but it's only 30 hours/week so my job doesn't extend insurance for me. Does anyone have any suggestions? I live in the south suburbs of Chicago if anyone can recommend a place locally that can help...I just don't know where to start. Even if it's general advice, please help! And please don't be mean...I'm already scared enough.
--------------------
Listen to always moos. You could call the Cook county medical dental bureau, tell them your problem and see what they can do Also, check this web site. It's 44 pages long, so you'll have to do some wading through it to find someone near you. Good luck.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment