Friday, February 11, 2011

Is there a dental finance waiver?

A while ago, I had to go to the emergency room, but I didn't have medical insurance, so the next day, a hospital worker who worked for the administrative assistance program, gave me a call and told me that I was eligible to have my medical expensive waived...And they waived every single penny. So I was wondering, because I don't have dental insurance, but I do have an income, is there a way that they can waive or discount the expenses for dental procedures, or is that only for medical emergencies?
--------------------
It would be up to the dentist, to do that, just like it's up to the hospital to do that. As very, very few dentists get state grants or charity money, it's pretty unlikely that they'd waive or discount the fees. One thing to look into, is to see if you have a local dental school. They offer drastically reduced fees, in exchange for you allowing 8 students to hoover around and watch the procedures.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment