Monday, February 14, 2011

Should I get medical for my kids if we can get insurance through their dad's work?

Okay, so right now my daughter has ieph through healthy families, which covers everything. My fiance can now get blue shield through his work, but dental only covers 50%, and it's $75 a month per person. I am also 9 months pregnant with our next child, and I do not know if I should get medical or healthy families for him, or get the insurance through my fiance's work. Help? What would be the best choice?
--------------------
If you are happy with the services that you are getting from Healthy Families/IEPH, I don't think I would change. $75 per month for a child between 1-19 is pretty expensive. Insurance for children under 1 is often much more expensive because of the problems that arise at that age. Also, check to confirm that it is $75 per child and not $75 for ALL children. Most company plans are one price for ALL children, but some plans do a a per child fee. If it is $75 for ALL children, you can decide based on your income level if IEPH continues to be a good choice or you should move to the company sponsored plan. You may only be able to move to the company plan when the baby is born or during open enrollment. FYI = to all the people complaining about her being on medi-cal. She is NOT some deadbeat living off the system!!! Healthy Families is a program for MODERATE income families.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment