Sunday, February 20, 2011

What are some good ways to take care of cavities that you can't get filled right away?

I have several cavities in my mouth that I can't afford to get filled right now (as I don't have dental insurance and I make minimum wage). I'm planning on going as soon as I have the money, but I was wondering if there was anything I could do in the meantime to keep them from getting worse, aside from brushing and flossing (which I do almost compulsively now). Thanks for any input.
--------------------
I once used a sugar free gum to make a temporary filling. Just to keep the air out. First I brushed my teeth thoroughly then I put a little toothpaste in the actual cavity, then filled the space with the well chewed gum. It did work. But cleanliness is important.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment