Sunday, February 20, 2011

What can freelancers do for individual health insurance?

I have my own little freelance job that I do for cash. I'm not married and not a student, so I find myself without any medical or dental coverage. I'm just looking for coverage for gynological care (once per year), maybe a regular check-up (once per year), and prescription coverage if possible. And, if I'm really lucky, I'd like dental to be able to have a cleaning every 6 months. I've tried looking online but I don't know what or where most of the "insurance companies" are and if they are real or even trustworthy. I am not a registered business nor do I make loads of cash, but I do not want to go on welfare of any sort. Does anyone have any advice for me? Thanks!
--------------------
You really need to find a local Health Insurance Agent/Broker. This way, he/she can explain all the plans and options to you. Make sure the policy covers you for on the job accidents. I do not know what type of freelancing you do, but you want to make sure it covers on the job accidents.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment