Wednesday, February 2, 2011

When will I get TriCare insurance?

My hubby is in AIT school right now and I was just wondering when will I get TriCare insurance? I haven't gotten any paper work or anything on it(I did get paperwork for dental insurance a while ago). I am under my own insurance for now but I'd like to know when I will get it. Thanks!
--------------------
Your Tricare coverage started the first day you were entered into DEERS. You are on Tricare Standard where you go to a civilian provider and have a yearly deductible and a co-pay for each visit. If you want to change to Tricare Prime then you must have your military ID card and change through the closest office. With Prime there is no co pay or deductible and you are seen at a Military Clinic or Hospital. http://www.tricare.mil If you have your own insurance then Tricare is secondary and will pay whatever isn't covered by your insurance. If you want Tricare to be the prime carrier then you need to drop the other insurance. You will not get anything in the mail unless you sign up for Prime. You just need to go to the website find a provider there and tell them your husband's SSN.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment