Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Can you see a clinic dentist without filing, even if you have insurance?

Okay, maybe it's a silly question, but is it required to present your dental insurance if you have it? because I needed a crown and I go to a regular dentist; it was going to cost like $730 approximately, and I just can't do that all at once. There is, however, a really affordable clinic dentist I used to go to. Couldn't I just go there and not show them my BCBS? It'd be a whole lot cheaper, I'm sure, if I didn't file, but I just don't want to do something that I might pay for later. I am an HONEST person.
--------------------
Im not completely sure, but if you want to pay cash, anyone will take it. They may also have a payment plan available! It will probably be a cheaper crown without the quality your dentist would give you. Besides your insurance will pay half of the crown where as a clinic will make you pay about the same price you would pay at the BSBC office. You won't get a free crown there, you have to have denti-cal or a state funded dental insurance. So I would steer you towards your primary dentist :)
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment