Monday, March 21, 2011

Cracked Molar, no insurance. Any advice would be appreciated.?

Molar cracked, no insurance. Any advice please? I went to a dentist and she said I needed to have root planing/scaling, a root canal and a crown put in on my bottom left molar which is cracked off. Total cost would be around $4,000. I just got a new job so my dental wont kick it for another 3 months or so but the pain is starting to be unbearable I think it is infected as the tooth is very sensitive to the touch and it has a pulsing pain that is keeping me from sleeping. Has any use the stuff on dentalplans.com? Like the GE Wellness or Aetna Dental Access? Will the dentist jack up the prices or treat me differently if i ask about them? Will most dental insurance even cover this kind of stuff on a newly started policy? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
--------------------
$4000 is too much. Find another dentist. Expect to pay around $1000 for a root canal and $800 for the crown (whole procedure and crown)
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment