Monday, March 28, 2011

I was on welfare when I got braces. Went to jail. No longer live in same state. No insurance. What to do?

I got braces when I was 17. The welfare insurance covered it. The insurance only covered me until I was 18, but the dentist was obligated to see me to the end. I was going to the dentist just about every month, everything was fine and dandy. I went to Jail for 9 months and when i got out left the state. I stupidly never went to the dentist or contacted them. I still have the braces on and im 20 with no dental insurance. I have not seen a dentist for for almost 2 years. I don't know what to or where to start. I hope i have not done damage to my teeth. Please advise!
--------------------
If there's no cover then there's no cover. You'll just have to pay for it. I don't imagine that getting braces taken off my a dentist would cost too much, a couple of hundred max, but I could be wrong. You need to get them off though - they can damage your teeth after several years (which is why the dentist will change them every 3-4 years or less) and your only option then is to get your teeth yanked out and use false teeth for the rest of your life... Call a dentist who does non obligatory quotes/meetings and find out what needs to happen, costs etc and go from there... Hope this helps, good luck!!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment