Monday, March 28, 2011

Very important question regarding faulty dental work?

To make a long story short, I went to the dentist because I was in pain. X-rays were taken and showed that the dentist that did the root canal on my paining tooth approximately 3 years ago had left part of an instrument in the canal. This was causing the pain and an infection. The original work was covered by insurance but presently, I am uninsured. What should I do? Go to the original dentist to see if something could be worked out amicably? Settle this matter in court? Or a combination of both? If you have any other suggestions or similar stories, I'm all ears! I'm very hurt and worried and devastated to have seen this strange thing floating in my tooth! I need an outside (hopefully rational!) suggestion! Thank you in advance!
--------------------
files being left in canals, is something that can happen to anyone, as the files are so thin there is a risk in every root canal treatment that a `´file fracture`´ will incur, it does not happen often but it can happen and is not the fault of the dentist, its JUST one of those annoying things in life, taking the dentist to court will get u no where, the risks of root canal should of been explaned to u though and u should of been informed at the time it happened... the only solution is to see a endodontic specalist or have an extraction,, The endo specalist has better equipment and theres a chance he maybe able to remove it and do a proper RCT for u, but that does not come cheap i am afaird, good luck to you
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment