Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Why am I being charged for a Dental Exam?

My dentist had me make an appointment with an Oral Surgeon for a tooth extraction which I did and I went in the surgeon came in, numbed it up, pulled it and that was all. Now I got a notice from the insurance for the claim and there are 2 line items, one for Extraction and one for Dental Exam. He did not examine the rest of my teeth or do an x-ray or anything of that nature it was straight to pulling the tooth and getting out. Should I fight that charge?!
--------------------
It is required by law that they examine the area they are treating. An exam clarifies that you have a problem & lets the dentist know what they need to do. If they do not do the exam and you end with a problem or wrong treatment, the dentist can be sued.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment