Friday, April 22, 2011

Can I wear Invisiline (the invisible braces) while I'm active duty in the Marine Corps? (0311 if it matters)?

I'm not going in with them. But I do plan on using my dental insurance to get them
--------------------
Yes you can wear them, but the Marines are not going to pay for them and unless you are using your parents dental insurance under the "child" option I only know of a very few dental plans that will cover braces as an adult. Invisiline are not cheap either $2400 on up .....$6000 being the average. The only way I have seen the military pay for braces was if there was an injury that happened to the individual in the service that required it to fix( IE my friend has his jaw broken in Iraq) and they use the regular old wire ones. Invisiline is considered cosmetic and it is unlikely they will assist. ( and I am talking about the wire braces AFTER he had his jaw wired closed for several months to fix the break) The core would not assit you at your local dentist for your braces unless the above conditin were met and then they would want to do them at a military location. The dental plan offerd through the military would cover your children's braces, but not any for you. The entire cost would come out of your own pocket.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment