Friday, April 22, 2011

I have pet isnurance (vca), is it to much for vet to quote 700 for dental work for my dog?

He needs teeth cleaning and IM not sure if he needs an extraction but if he does it would cost me 300-700 bucks....pet insurance only pays 65 bucks overall of all costs? Are pet insurances working off quota system?
--------------------
VCA is a big company; their primary interest is in making money, not caring lovingly for pets. I would go to a locallly based vet and get a second opinion. I went to VCA in Savannah once. Their rates for services were 30 to 40% higher than good old Dr. Marley who ran his own office with 2 assistants. I would definitely shop around and I wouldn't bother with pet insurance. If they will only pay $65 of a $700 bill, he insurance is not worth the money. Good luck!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment