Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Is it legal for a security guard to NOT have health insurance?

I work as a security guard for a power plant company and I don't get anything at all resembling insurance (health, dental or otherwise). I was with a company about 2 years ago (at the same facility) that had insurance (health, dental and otherwise), but their contract was not renewed and this new company came in and stripped us of all insurance privileges (despite having in their handbook that insurance is available for employees "that qualify"). I sit in a building that is right under a smokestack spewing God knows what into the air and the building has a large amount of asbestos in it from the days when "asbestos is ok". I was just wondering if there is any sort of "Security Guard Code" that states that I should be entitled insurance.
--------------------
No, sorry, insurance from the employer is a benefit, and they aren't required to provide it.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment