Monday, April 25, 2011

Medicaid insurance/child support question?

I provide full insurance which includes Medical/Dental minus small co pays in the state of Michigan. The mother went and put the child on Medicaid also years later, now I am paying a monthly amount for it in addition to providing the primary insurance. Is this suppose to happen? If the mother is using the Medicaid to pick up the co pays instead of having to pay them why am I also responsible to pay for the secondary? I thought in Michigan that if another insurance is required that each parent is responsible to pay for one not just one providing both? Also if it is MIchild, I am paying enough for the monthly premium for the "whole family" which includes her other kids that are by other men, so does this mean that I am paying insurance for the also? Another question is there any way that this can come back on me and I have to pay back the Medicaid bill? When the mother had the child we had broken up for a while and she went on welfare/Medicaid with out me knowing and I had to pay all of that back, which is fine, but I provide a very good insurance now and she has not been using it for a very long time according to the primary insurance which makes me think she is only using the Medicaid. Thanks.
--------------------
Look at this link: http://www.michigan.gov/mdch/0,1607,7-13… According to this, MIchild cannot be used as a secondary coverage (see the section "Questions pertaining to other insurance ". The first section "Questions pertaining to families " also answers your question about who can apply for MIchild. I woud suggest you call them if you have any further unanswered questions: 1-888-988-6300
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment