Friday, May 27, 2011

Are dental plans worth it?

I just graduated college so my insurance dropped me. I don't start my job until May. Working a crappy job right now with no benefits. I need a root canal and just wondering if dental plans are all they make out to be?
--------------------
Hi... I was looking an answer for the same question, but in my case I think is a little late... I have a Dental Plan attached to a Medical "Insurance" Plan, and I went to the dentist with a confidence to have some treatments (refered by the list the "Insurance" company provided to me) assigned with "no cost", but in the real world that is far to exist, because the dentist office always charge for something, even in those so called "NO CHARGE" treatments (ej: profilaxis, extractions, etc.), what they do is just simply change the CODE NUMBER assigned to a any of those "no charge" treatments (example: if you did a extractions they will say that treatment was another different (more complicated) to the one insert in your list, if you did a profilaxis they will say that was a secuel from a "root scalping and planning" and no a profilaxis, if you needed a crown (at $ 300 to $ 450 in the list) they will extracharge you with $200 more due "LABS FEES", so you never will paid or no paid the same price they tell you, and (that is the worse) your Provider will agree with those dentist and will never give to you the reason and never wil talk to you about any reimbursment if you though you must deserve it. PD: I will put a link to a one page about this matter.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment