Friday, May 27, 2011

Insurance Question?

My husband works for a company that does not offer benefits. We are covered through my employer. His income is enough for us to live on - I am simply working to give us benefit coverage. However, I am wanting to have a baby....and even be a stay at home mom. My question is: what does someone in our situation do? I mean, can we just BUY our own insurance? What are some good companies? I know I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield and Delta Dental now....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
--------------------
Yes, technically you can buy health insurance for your entire family but it would be very expensive. A policy would cost you well over a $1000 a month or more. I suggest you look for a part-time job that offers benefits. Many companies that need people to answer phones for customer service outside of the regular 8-5 business day will pay benefits to part-time employees. We have a large bank in my area that pays benefits to employees who work only 20 hours a week. Or, check with your current employer. Maybe they would arrange a work at home position for you. Good luck. I wish you well.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment