Friday, May 27, 2011

How does my insurance work? Aetna SRC?

I signed up for my insurance through my employer (cvs), which I work part-time with. I got offered insurance, so I chose dental, which has been taking $4.45 out of each paycheck for almost 4 months now. HOWEVER - It says exams, panoramic x-rays and prophylaxis, which I hope means cleanings, have NO waiting period. They each have next to them "limited to one procedure every 6 months". I just got back from the dentist, I had a $145 panoramic x-ray which has been submitted to them, and the first part of a cleaning that was NOT covered by insurance (paid out of pocket), and I am going to the 2nd and final part of the cleaning which is covered. How does the company pay for this? Around $120 or so has been taken out of my paychecks total since coverage started , maybe less. Are they going to reject the claims? Because during one call to my insurance company, they said that my coverage was terminated; but another call AFTER that said my coverage was still on as usual, which I would hope to be the case as $ is being deducted from my paychecks.
--------------------
you most likely have a deductible to meet and they will normally pay 80% of covered until your max. check your plan benefits for the actual coinsurance and plan max.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment