Friday, May 27, 2011

I chipped my dental crown (molar) and can't afford to have it repaired.?

I don't feel awkward when I eat or when I clench my teeth. The crown was chipped in the porcelain outer covering and part of the metal inner side is showing. No pain or sensitivity. Will it hurt me in the long run if I leave it like that for 3-1/2 years until my insurance covers for everything? They only cover crowns every 5 yrs!
--------------------
Call the dental office that sold it to you! They might have you come in for a free exam so the dentist can decide whether he/she thinks it can wait. Also, if you kept up on your cleanings, it may be under warranty especially if it has been less than 5 years. If not, they may appeal your insurance for you or replace it at a huge discount. The people who sold it to you will have the best answers.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment