Wednesday, May 11, 2011

how much do full dental veneers cost?

Both sides of my family have horrible teeth. I brush and practice good oral higene but I still have horible teeth and want to get veneers my insurance will only cover 50% but I have an uncle who lives in central america and practices orthodoncy and could give me a hook up just trying to compare cost of here through ins. vs. flight, hotel, and dentistry.
--------------------
Oh man. If you're that concerned about your teeth, get it done right, through your insurance company at a good dentist. Not saying your uncle is bad. I think it would be cheaper here. Veneers might crack and break over time. You probably won't be able to bite into food with them - like apples. Veneers are placed on the front of the tooth only. So, they might have a lip that hangs over your natural teeth, causing them to fall off. You'd be better off getting crowns - they will cover the whole tooth (front and back). They will last longer too. 50% is great for insurance to cover. Think if it was none. I would say it's about $1000 per tooth. For either crown or veneer. I'm getting two crowns - my insurance covers 50%. I pay $843 for my half. In Seattle. That's for both teeth. I'd plan on saving $500 per tooth.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment