Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Treatment of congenital dental problems?

I have a congenetal dental issue called Ameleogenesis Imperfecta which has cost me many teeth over the years. I now have compromised ability to chew. Dentures are a poor option. I live in the Nashville area in TN and have poor credit mostly because of the dental fees involved. Does anyone know of any way to get a lot of work done? Since this is congenital, is there any chance normal health insurance (not dental, which is all but useless to me) would pick up the tab? Are there any dentists with options for me out there? This is a big deal to me asthetically and functionally. I have one pair of occluding molars left, and my remaining teeth are in danger of snapping off. I have had 17 extractions.
--------------------
I am very sorry for your situation. I do not know your financial situation, but if there is anyway you could get on medicaid in your state all that would be covered. I don't even know if they have it there. We have it in N.C. where I am. You could check with the local college to see if they do work there for low cost. Here the local college does extractions for $25.00 each,cleanings are $30.00. They are under the supervision of a certified dentist. Ask around to see if any local charities have monies put back for medical situations to help people. As far as regular health insurance you would probably have to fight with them to get it covered. You could counsel with a lawyer, it would probably be to your benefit. Good Luck :)
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment