Wednesday, May 11, 2011

private health insurance......?

I'm trying to figure out if buying private health insurance and dental would be beneficial to my husband and myself. I found a plan that is around 350 a month for both of us (includes health and dental). It doesn't have a deductible so with that comes higher copays and whatnot. My husband doesn't really go to the doctor ever. He mostly just wants dental. He's 25 and healthy but he seems to get sick a lot more than myself but nothing big. I have to go to the doctor a lot. I have a lot of stomach problems and I also really need the dental since my wisdom teeth need to come out and I have braces so I have to get my teeth cleaned every three months. I'm wondering if it would just be cheaper to pay cash to go to a doctor/dentist instead of paying 350 a month. I don't really think I go to a doctor that much in a year. It would be 4200 a for the health insurance and that doesn't include what I might have to pay at the actual visit...
--------------------
You might want to look into two separate policies. A high deductable plan for your husband, for catastrophic coverage and a lower deductable plan for you. There is no doubt that you will be rated up for the acid reflux. I agree with the fact that you are betting that you will not use the insurance, but with your stomach issues. You definitely will. As for Dental Insurance. Most plans do have waiting periods and limits. I know of one that doesn't have either. It is a HMO, and If you are if Florida by any chance let me know.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment