Monday, May 30, 2011

What kind of dental support can I get?

I am on SSDI, get EBT food stamps, and get some other supports, such as Medicaid to supplement my military insurance (from my estranged husband). The military insurance, so far as I can tell, only covers routine dental work, and pays a percentage of other dental procedures. Last time I had dental work done, I had to have a full cleaning, which ended up costing me $300! There is no way I can afford anything like that again... What options do I have between Medicaid and Tricare (and other options)? I have severe dental problems (I was diagnosed with peridontal disease last year, a direct result of growing up with a mother who never brought me to a dentist, so by the time I was old enough to do it myself, I already had severe gingivitis which quickly became peridontis, even with cleanings and treatments which I couldn't really afford, but tried to get anyway. Basically, I'm going to need a fully cleaning, periodontal assessment, going to have to have many teeth pulled, and get tooth implants, dentures, and/or bridgework. From my own assessment, I have 4 severely decayed teeth, about 10 partially decayed teeth, and a few shwoing signs of leanig that way. My gums have receded a great deal over time, and they are sensitive and bleed when brushed and bleed severely when I floss. I do try to brush and floss every day, though I don't see how it could possibly help now. Please help me figure out a way to fix my mouth...I am, according to others, a very pretty girl, except for my teeth, which are so crooked and messed up...I should've had braces when I was a kid, too, they are so crooked, but my mother refused to believe that...she never cared.
--------------------
I don't understand what you are asking for or want. You get tons of governmental insurance and welfare programs. I really don't know what more you want people to do because of your neglect?
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment