Saturday, June 18, 2011

Do you really need a second molar? Is it worth the money to have it replaced?

I had my lower right 2nd molar extracted last month and am going to have the lower left 2nd molar extracted as well. One of the uppers 2nds needs a crown, the other upper a filling. The dentist recommended getting an implant to replace the two lower missing teeth, but my insurance will only cover the crown and not the titanium post or ( will cost about 5000-6000 total for both which my insurance will cover at most 1000). My insurance also caps out at 1000 so my normal dental work will fill that anyway so I am really looking at 5000-6000. I am 32 and going to the dentist from here on out. Better late than never I guess. I have been eating just fine without it am wondering if it is really necessary. I don't have a gap as it is my furthest back tooth. I am thinking a more cost effective way to handle this is to have have the other lower pulled and let them be for now. no implants. When the time comes, have the uppers extracted. This would leave me with 24 healthy teeth.
--------------------
THE WAY YOU HAVE DECIDED TO GO ABOUT IT IS A GOOD IDEA
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment